Professional Dobby Rug Loom
The AVL Professional Dobby Rug Loom is the ultimate heavy-duty loom, with precision engineering for rug weavers who need AVL-style responsiveness and sweeping versatility.
To provide maximum AVL performance, the Professional Dobby Rug Loom combines the design flexibility of the AVL dobby with high tech features such as an air-powered shed and a rugged sliding beater.
The Professional Dobby Rug Loom also features extra-sturdy construction with over-sized kiln-dried hardwood members on the smaller (under 8 foot) looms, and steel on the larger units. On all looms, all rollers and warp beams are steel and the beater is reinforced with steel as well.
Our largest loom, the 15’ (4.5M) Professional Dobby Rug Loom features oversized steel members that carry the load like no other. But, it is the special components created specifically for the demands of rug weaving that make AVL's Dobby Rug Loom an exceptional value:
- Our unique Sliding Beater is mounted on parallel stainless steel rods, so each beat is at the perfect angle to the fell line. Integrated slide bearings allow the weaver to pull even the fifteen-foot beater with virtually no effort. And, unlike overhead beaters, this one stays where you put it for convenient pick-up and tapestry work.
- The Air-Powered Dobby provides effortless operation no matter how wide your loom. Even a twelve-foot loom opens with ease. And, the extra large shed will stay open until you let it down with another tap of your toe.
- The Air-Powered Warp Tension System yields optimum warp tension control possibilities. The combination of a powerful air cylinder, aircraft cable, and worm gear advancing system gives a tremendous range of sensitivity yet maximum tension at all times.
Standard feature on all Dobby Rug Looms include:
- Air-powered warp tension
- Air-powered shed opening
- Apron with apron rod
- Dobby system (8 or 12 harness) - 30 dobby bars with pegs, dobby peg wrench, 100 dobby chain ties
- Choice of one or two beams: Sectional or Standard
- Illustrated instruction manual
- Extra sturdy kiln-dried hardwood construction
- Steel heddles
- Reed (your choice of 4, 5, 6, 8, or 10 dent)
- Tool holder
- AVL two-year warranty
- Compu-Dobby is available option for all Professional Dobby Rug Looms
|4' (1.2m)||6' (1.8m)||8' (2.4m)||10' (3m)||12' (3.65m)||15' (4.5m)|
|Height||75" (1.9m)||75" (1.9m)||75" (1.9m)||75" (1.9m)||75" (1.9m)||75" (1.9m)|
|Overall Width||66" (1.67m)||90" (2.29m)||114" (2.9m)||138" (3.5m)||162" (4.1m)||206" (5.23m)|
|Front to Back||84" (2.15m)||84" (2.15m)||84" (2.15m)||84" (2.15m)||84" (2.15m)||84" (2.15m)|
|No. of Heddles||400||400||800||1000||1200||1500|
|2300 lbs. (1045 kg)||3100 lbs. (1410 kg)
For our latest price list, click here. International pricing may vary. Contact us for more information!